The greatest source of mercy Allāh has given to mankind is Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), ‘the mercy to the worlds’. Almighty Allāh informs us that not only is He Himself perpetually sending blessings unto the Prophet (peace be upon him), but His angels are perpetually asking him to do so as well. He then has instructed every believer to invoke His blessings upon the Prophet (peace be upon him) and to send salutations unto the him in the following passage:
“Indeed, Allāh confers blessing upon the Prophet and His angels invoke Him to do so. O you who believe, invoke divine blessings upon him and salute him with peace.” (Sūrat al-Aḥzāb 33:56)
Yet, scholars explicitly state that our invoking blessings upon Prophet (peace be upon him) does not benefit him, since he will be forever honoured as the Beloved of Allāh and His perfect creation. Rather, our invoking blessings upon him simply benefit us and us alone. This book endeavours to elucidate those benefits.
Translated in Plain English accompanied with its original Arabic script, this publication is a concentration of Imam al-Sakhāwī’s masterpiece entitled Qawl al-Badīʿ. It includes:
· The importance of sending peace and blessings on the Prophet (peace be upon him)
· The linguistic and spiritual meanings of ‘peace’ and ‘blessings’
· The Qurʾānic directive to send peace and blessings
· The Prophet’s own command to the believers to send peace and blessings upon him
· The spiritual benefits and rewards of sending peace and blessings;
· The Prophet’s hearing and responding to this greeting and,
· Simple ḥadīth referencing.
This work will be essential for those attending gatherings of remembrance (dhikr), conferences on the Prophet’s biography (sīrah), and for all Muslims in general to call to mind the Islamic centrality of sending blessings and peace upon the greatest man of all time, Muḥammad (peace be upon him). Article and poem on the blessed sandals of the Prophet (peace be upon him)